Thursday, February 4, 2016

Ouch.

Today I met all of my workout goals...and they hurt.

I am finding that being active is a way better stress reliever than Netflix.  Not as warm and lazy but I definitely feel better afterwards.

Today I exceeded my own personal expectations and did all of my scheduled workouts and, dare I say, magnified them!

Sound off!

- 40 min. morning walk after breakfast.  I don't really consider this a workout because it is so marvelously pleasant.  I drink hot chocolate, I walk by the River Wear, and I watch the sun rise before I get to work at 9.

- Post-work run.  I ALMOST didn't do this today but I thought about the Cita and Pond and how awesome they are at sticking to a post-work workout everyday.  So, with them as my inspiration, I did a 40 minute run.  This is where I magnified my workout.  After a quick walking warm-up I jogged for 10 min. had a 1 min. walk and repeated for 40 minutes.  I didn't quite make it 10 minutes when I hit this CRAZY hill but after the hill I finished the 10 minute interval.  Whew, the knees they hurt.

- Pre-bedtime yoga.  Because of all the desk work my back is trying to seize and I have no Pond to punch it.  Ergo, I must do yoga.  It felt nice and helped with some of the running soreness.

There you go!  Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment